Phone and Voicemail (users)
The purpose of this Wiki is to document certain features of the Cisco Unity Voice Over IP (VOIP) phone system used at CSUN.
Accessing Your Voicemail from Off Campus
Please note that the steps below will only work with touch-tone (push-button) phones. Rotary-dial (pulse-dial or pulse-tone) phones will not work!
To access your voicemail, and any other settings and features, from off campus, follow the steps below:
1. Dial the voicemail access number at 818-677-6500.
2. The voicemail system will greet you with "You have reached California State University, Northridge voicemail system." Press the * key when the greeting plays.
3. Enter your four-digit campus extension, followed by the # sign.
4. Voicemail will ask you to enter your PIN. Enter your voicemail PIN, followed by the # sign.
5. Listen to your voicemail, or change any other settings, as you normally would from your office phone.