The “Ridge” is here to provide unique and challenging recreation experiences for all students, faculty, and staff. The rock wall program is committed to offering a safe, fun, exciting and challenging climbing experience. We strive to do this by not only providing a rock wall but also through bringing innovative programming ideas to The Ridge.
About the wall:
- Climbing wall 46 ft. 6 in.
- 12 top rope anchors
- Repelling Ledge
- Bouldering wall 13ft
- Capabilities for 2 lead routes
Rock wall reservation are available (see Team building page)
Rock wall Hours of Operation:
Monday 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Tuesday 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Wednesday 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Bouldering Hours of Operation: Open all day
Belay Classes: look at the Classes/Clinics page for times and dates.
Top Roping Polices
- Every person climbing must have signed a rock wall waiver. The climber’s hangtag must be visible to climbing staff at all times. Climbers without tags will be asked to sign the rock wall waiver and sign-in or leave the climbing wall.
- Hangtags must be returned to the rock wall desk by the end of the day.
- Top rope climbing is only allowed during top rope climbing hours listed at the climbing wall.
- Ropes must be attached to harnesses using a figure 8 follow through knot with an appropriate tail (a fist length, or more than 4 inches). Do not use the belay loop on a two-point harness to attach ropes to harnesses.
- When equipped, harnesses must be doubled-backed at the waist and leg loop buckles when worn by the climber and belayer while climbing on ropes.
- Always encourage climbers and belayers to check and double check, the climber’s knot, harnesses, and the belay system before each climb.
- Do not climb past top-rope anchors.
- Proper attire is required including footwear on the climbing wall; climbing shoes are available for checkout at the equipment desk.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the climbing area. Water bottles are acceptable.
- No cursing or loud offensive language is allowed.
- Jewelry is prohibited while climbing.
- Climbing staff has the right to remove your climbing privileges for the day and to recommend long term removal of climbing privileges for violation of these regulations.
- Climbers are required to only use the ropes and belay anchors that are provided by The Ridge. Ropes for lead climbing are provided upon request for those who have completed the lead climbing test during specified lead climbing hours.
- Belay devices must be attached to the harness of the belayer or ground anchor by means of a locking carabineer.
- CLIMB AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Bouldering Wall Polices
- Bouldering is allowed during all facility hours to those who have signed the bouldering waiver.
- Spotting while climbing is highly encouraged.
- Proper footwear is required on the bouldering wall; climbing shoes are available for checkout at the equipment checkout desk. Bare foot bouldering is not allowed.
- No food or open beverages are allowed in the bouldering area. Water is allowed.
- Jewelry is prohibited while bouldering.
- Staff reserves the right to suspend or terminate privileges for inappropriate or unsafe behavior.
- NO HORSEPLAY or ROUGH HOUSING!
- CLIMB AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- While bouldering, the climber’s head is not to go above a height of 13 feet and is permitted on all three climbing towers (the height of the free standing boulder). No soloing is permitted at the wall.
For more information:
Please call: 818-677-4453