The program has been developed to train knowledgeable and highly skilled Outdoor Leaders to effectively guide others through outdoor experiences. The Program is exciting and challenging, providing opportunities to enhance hard and soft skills, experience personal growth and develop leadership abilities.
Outdoor Leadership trip 2012
CSUN & UCLA Aquatics Training
New Students preparing for guide training trip weekend
- Submit an application: 1)pick up at Outdoor Adventure Office, 2) use our online form or 3) print, fill and turn in.
- Once you complete the above requirement please turn the application into the Outdoor Adventure Office, located in the Student Recreation Center.
- After review we will contact you to attend the Outdoor Leadership weekend interview.
- After the interview weekend we either accept you into the Outdoor Leadership Program or provide you with feedback on how to further your development.
What to expect:
- Attend Fall 5 day Training trip.
- Attend Spring 5 day Training trip.
- Shadow at least 2 trips during the semester.
- Attend Trip Leader Meetings on Tuesday Night from 7:00 – 8:30PM.
- Complete volunteer, liability and medical forms
- Complete defensive driving
- Complete sexual harassment, blood borne pathogens and HIPAA training
Once in the Program:
- CPR and 1st aid training
- Learn leadership and technical skills
- Group Management Skills
- Outdoor Living
- Wilderness Medicine training
- Trip/Course Planning
- Risk Management Practices
- Teaching Philosophy and Techniques
For more information:
Please call: 818-677-4453
Email: outdoor firstname.lastname@example.org