Family Child Care
The Purpose of The Family Child Care Home Education Network (FCCHEN) is:
- To support CSUN student parents in achieving their educational goals by providing quality child care options.
- To aid with funding for eligible families to cover costs of such services.
- To provide child care options for low to moderate income CSUN student families whose needs cannot be met through the on campus, center program. These needs may include evening and weekend care and care for children ages 3 months through twelve years.
Eligible families (based on income and need) accepted in the program choose one of the participating licensed family childcare programs in the CSUN community. The FCCHEN pays for most or all of the child development fees. Each FCCHEN home is licensed and independently owned and operated. They are reviewed and supported for quality by the FCCHEN staff.
FCCN Network Characteristics:
- Consists of warm and welcoming, home-like environments.
- Small groups allow providers to give more individual attention to children.
- Siblings can be together.
- Bilingual/culturally sensitive providers.
- Serving the children of CSUN students ages 3 months to 12 years old.
- Many providers offer part day, full day, after school, evenings, and weekends.
- Accredited programs available.
- Convenient locations.
- Most importantly, the parent chooses the program that is right for their family’s needs.
Who is eligible to participate:
Low to moderate-income families with children ages 3 months to 12 years old. At least one parent must be a CSUN student enrolled in a minimum of 6 academic units going towards a degree objective. Proof of student status, income and need will be required.
What to do next:
Fill out an application. Applications can be found under forms section of our site and can be brought into the center or faxed to 818-677-6796. You can also stop by the FCCHEN office located in the Children’s Center on Plummer, in between Reseda and Etiwanda to complete one. When space and funding are available, complete an eligibility packet, including proof of income and student status. When finished call for an eligibility appointment with a Children’s Center representative. After qualifying, obtain a list of FCC Network providers to contact and visit. Select a provider and notify the FCCHEN Coordinator of your choice.
Pursue your educational goals knowing your family’s needs are taken care of!
For more information call (818) 677-6394