The Children’s Center is a high quality early childhood program which provides a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children. We are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The NAEYC administers a national, voluntary, professionally sponsored accreditation system for all types of preschools and child care centers. The A.S. Children’s Center has voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study and external professional review to verify compliance with the NAEYC Criteria for High Quality Early Childhood Programs. In our program, you will see:
- frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children;
- planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active outdoor play;
- teachers whose education and experience allow them to provide rich learning experiences for every child;
- enough adults to respond to individual children;
- many varied age-appropriate materials;
- a healthy and safe environment for children;
- nutritious meals and snacks;
- regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times;
- effective administration; and ongoing, systematic evaluation.
We invite you to schedule a tour today to come and visit us. We would love to share our program with you!